What Plants For A Hot Wall In Los Angeles?

5347.1
Hi All,
I live in the Los Angeles area, and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for plants that would do well against a south facing, light colored, stucco wall (hot in summer). I'm primarily interested in using perennials, in blues, lavenders, purples, yellows, and whites....between 2' and 4' in height. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
Yvonne
Yvonne wrote:

Climates vary significantly across the city. Just consider the differences between Northridge (frost in the winter and over 100 in the summer) and Brentwood (no frost and in the 80s in the summer). In what part of the city are you?
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean