What odd, interesting things have you dug up while gardening?

See this one for found items

Dah

I dug up...

the femur of an animal (possibly a deer) a rusted stop sign

Reply to
Phisherman

A year ago I lost a gold chain bracelet - looked all over the place for it. My wife was royally pissed since she had paid $$$ for it, and later she relented and bought me yet another one.

A couple weeks ago I was turning the compost pile and there it was!!! The lost bracelet - gleaming as brightly as ever!

I debated several minutes as to whether or not to tell HER -- but I did and all she did was laugh and comment, "You shouldn't wear your watch and bracelet while doing yard work!!!" My answer is, "Why not? I found it!" (heh!)

de

Reply to
Richard Ellis

I have an area sit aside in my garden for the cats that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge and I take care of it. While some of them have not been mine, but strays I tryed to help in their last days, I still cout myself as a cat lover and care for them.

Reply to
Starlord

That's pretty neat. All my animals are spayed/neutered so I wont get to see any of their progeny but so it goes.

Heh. True enough. Reminds me of the horse communities in real life. It's the reason I lurk on the NG and the same reason I stick to riding the trails in the real world : )

Yup. He's not bad considering he's going on 25 or so this year. He was in the round pen for the first time 2 weeks ago after coming off an injury (stifle) and getting the Very Limited Work treatment. He was bucking and farting and doing crazy spins like a lunatic and the seven year old who was watching said "What's the matter with that horse?" Dad said "Oh he's just too young to have been trained yet." Go figure. I get the one who STILL wears his crazy pants on the outside. Most of the time he's a keeper, though.

My boys (and new mini girl) are

tree. Prime.

-Jay

Reply to
Jay

Jay wrote in news:WSywh.864064$R63.279197@pd7urf1no:

I could walk under that branch without ducking, too. Well, while it was still there, I mean. It didn't last too long under all that draft horse ass scratching...

Reply to
FragileWarrior

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

Nice haiku. Thanks, Bill

Reply to
William Rose

Several cast iron children's toys. Tons of clams shells. Our home is circa 1820.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

The jaw bone of a very, very large dog. A pair of spectacles The main power cable to the house (oops) smokers clay pipes

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

I live on a old homestead with a 90 + year old house. I have found so many different things form tools, bottles, many beer cans, horseshoes, tiles, pipes, farm equipement and still finding things, Even after rototilling more that once time and years later things seem to appear. The needles use for giving injections to aninmals are a rather scary find but they have been found mosly in the barn.

Reply to
lakenvelder

Janet Baraclough wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk:

Oh, lordy, I hope you don't live anywhere were I used to live. That's FLUFFY!!

BTW, the glasses weren't in the dog's jawbone, were they? Please don't tell the cops.

;)

Reply to
FragileWarrior