Daffodil Planting

I purchased several different varieties of daffodils and I'm wondering how I should go about planting them. Should I mix all the bulbs up or plant several different areas with one variety?

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17

Well I like them both ways. If you have enough bulbs, why not take 2 of each variety and do a mixed planting and use the others in monotype plantings and see which _You_ prefer? You can always dig them up next year and change if you want.

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

I do it both ways, planting about 100 bulbs per year all over the place. If I were you, not knowing what you wish, I would try it both ways and see how you like it. As Emilie says, you can always move them later. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

"Tomes" wrote in news:dbSph.13630$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Is it possible to plant bulbs in the spring for spring (late spring?) blooming? I never seem to get it together in the fall to do the planting and I kick myself every spring.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Reply to
gardenseeker

Hi - This is my first posting in therse groups - so I hope it works. You can plant your daffs in the spring - but they will come up a bit later and flower a little later. Also the flowers will not be as good. Hope this helps. Am I allowed to put my gardening site link on here -

gardenseeker

than mixing them up - especially if naturalising in a border or lawns for instance. In pots = you could mix them, but they will probably be a bit uneven in height and maybe even flowering time.

Reply to
gardenseeker

than mixing them up - especially if naturalising in a border or lawns for instance. In pots = you could mix them, but they will probably be a bit uneven in height and maybe even flowering time.

Reply to
gardenseeker

Some varieties bloom earlier than others, so if you mix them and plant them, you will have a sea of foliage with perhaps only scattered blossoms at any time. If you don't mix them, you will have a mass of blossoms, even if you cut some for display in the house.

We have beds of mixed varieties, with a few selected areas where we have c> I purchased several different varieties of daffodils and I'm wondering

Reply to
Not

Reply to
Jigs1998

Since we're having such a mild winter in west central Indiana, what would happen if I got my hands on some bulbs and planted them *now*? Would they die if a freeze hit before they could grow roots?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior" would

I think that they would do fine. If I ran across more daffodil bulbs I would buy them and plant them now (in NJ). Tomes

Reply to
Tomes