What kind of flower might this be?

It looks a little like a Hollyhock, about four feet tall, just started putting out these big yellow blossoms. The leaves look unlike any hollyhocks I've grown previously. Any idea what it might be? Thanks Photo here: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/ncstockguy/mystery-flower.jpg?t 80613972
Looks like a hardy hibiscus to me.
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:13:44 -0700 (PDT), ncstockguy

A hardy hibiscus? Oh, that would be great. Haven't had those. I guess we'll find out if it comes back next spring in NC Zone 7.

It's not Okra, I grow plenty of that. Here is another photo of the mystery flower, shows the foliage a little better. Very distinctive leaves: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/ncstockguy/mystery-flower-II.jpg?t=1280620817

I have some ornamental hardy hibiscus in my yard (western NC) and they come back every year.
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:48:11 -0700 (PDT), ncstockguy

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:13:44 -0700 (PDT), ncstockguy

Hmm, almost looks like okra.

    I dunno anything about flowers; wait and see whether it makes okra because that certainly is what it looks like! Or, at least, _some_ kind of hibiscus.
ncstockguy said:

t80613972
I'm with those who think it looks like okra.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

It's a much flashier blossom than any Okra I've seen. But I will give it time and see if any pods show up. I am guessing they'll be seed pods, rather than edible Okra pods.

Here's a site for us to distinguish 'Hibiscus cannabinus' aka Kenaf and Okra: http://wapichan.sakura.ne.jp/plants-lab-tororo-okura.html Even though this is written in japanese, you can see the difference by viewing pics and their names 'Abelmoschus manihot' ('Hibiscus cannabinus' ) , 'Abelmoschus esculentus' (Okra).
i hope this helps. Ono
In message

The OP could browse
http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Hibiscus/gallery.html
but I'm also leaning towards Abelmoschus manihot.
But Hibiscus cannabinus and Abelmoschus manihot are not the same plant; as Hibiscuses go they're pretty distantly related.
http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Hibiscus/sections.php
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Abelmoschus manihot --- Bingo. I'd say you nailed it. Plant matches the images on several web pages exactly. Thanks for the info.