What kind of flower is this?

Can anyone tell me what kind of flower is pictured here:

in advance.

** Captain Infinity
Reply to
Captain Infinity

It is a type of daylily (hemerocallis), but as to which of the number of species or umpteen zillion cultivars it could be, I couldn't be more specific.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Hmm - I missed the original post - were are you? I'd bet on a species.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

That's one bet you would lose, Izzy.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Stella D'Ora daylilly. What do I win????

Reply to
Lisa

This flower is growing in Massachusetts.

Thanks to Pam and Lisa for the Daylilly ID.

** Captain Infinity
Reply to
Captain Infinity

Definitely NOT Stella D'Oro daylily.

You win a stay in the penalty box and one hundred demerits for poor spelling!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Most of the early bloomers are species or - my thought was H. middendorfii - mine is in bloom and has the same dark anthers. Bitsy is rounder and it looks too dark to be Corky. T'aint SDO though.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Sorry, but I don't think it is a Stella, at least not a typical one. Here is a picture of a Stella from my garden. They are blooming in mass her right now and are spectacular (although over used) in mass. You can see that on a Stella, the petals form a complete cup and the pollen isn't dark like in the picture that the OP posted:

Vox Humana

Oh crap. How vexing.

Lisa

Reply to
Lisa

With pleasure,,,,,now, had I pried myself away from the keyboard and , you know, walked outside, I would have known better.

Silly, silly me

Lisa

Reply to
Lisa

I though that at first it was a daylily called "revolute" but it is so difficult to tell about colors in photos that now it seems less certain.

I've seen live specemines, this very morning in fact, that looked to be a much stronger yellow that his photo would suggest and which seemed to have more recurve to the petals.

Reply to
John McGaw