Vine ID needed

My neighbor is having a modesto ash trimmed. It's been attacked by a vine for years. The workmen say the vine is "wisteria ivy" but it doesn't look like anything I can find on Google Images.
Any guesses? Images at http://postimg.org/gallery/6r9zrvgq/b1a87092/
Is this the right group for this question or is there a "tree" group that this should be posted.
thanks
On 6/12/2014 2:04 PM, elfa45 wrote:

Not "wisteria ivy" but merely wisteria. From the photos, I guess the vine might be 10-15 years old. Soon, it will kill the ash tree.
I saw a wisteria almost kill an Italian cypress near my house. The tree was saved two years ago by cutting the vine at the ground, but the vine had so entwined the cypress that the dead shoots remain two years later.
See <http://www.sierramadrenews.net/?page_id%9 , which describes how a wisteria vine planted in 1894 caused a house to be destroyed less than 40 years later.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
On 6/12/2014 4:04 PM, elfa45 wrote:

it ever bloom? If it did, did it have purple or white blossoms? If it was either it could well be common wisteria.
On 13/06/2014 7:04 AM, elfa45 wrote:

I'd say it's wisteria but without any pics of the foliage or flowers it's hard to be truly certain.

That's the weird thing...no flowers or foliage. Google Image shows purplish flowers. There's just a couple of images that look like the vine I see.
*