Trimming poinsettias

Hi from southwest Missouri.
For the past few years we have put our Christmas poinsettias out in large pots in the spring after trimming them back. When we bring them in the fall, they are about 3 - 4 feet tall. By Christmas they're beautiful.
This year we would like to trim some of the older ones back a little further. Can I trim the older (2 - 3 years) back into the older growth? Will fresh growth still come from that?
Thanks, Dave in The Ozarks
Dave in The Ozarks Wrote:

Hi Dave,
You can trim them to about 2" over the older main branches. Thi should be helpful (5 cm is 1.97"). http://tinyurl.com/5vpvj