This blue flower

Can someone identify this blue flower growing wild in a friend's garden in Texas?

Manelli Family

at first glance, i thought it was a blue petunia, but the leaves aren't quite right for it....a hybrid type maybe? sorry, not sure.

Reply to
rachael simpson

Might be a ruellia, sometimes known as Mexican petunia.

Reply to
Charles

So maybe I was on track with the petunia thought......

try these sites for comparison:

rachael simpson

I agree with ruellia Emilie.

Reply to
mleblanca

Reply to
loonyhiker

Showers.http://www.rareflora.com/ruelliabritpurfount.htm>> >

Looks more like vinca major. It has escaped from some garden or ground cover.

gl in hemlock hollow

Reply to
gldancer

I don't recognise the plant (not quite a Petunia captures the essence), but it's not Vinca major. Vinca major has a more deeply divided corolla, and less elongated, glossy, leaves.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks everyone, I passed the information on to him.

Reply to
Manelli Family