This blue flower

Can someone identify this blue flower growing wild in a friend's garden in Texas?
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1480/6291684/12224299/269852704.jpg
Thanks
Manelli Family wrote:

at first glance, i thought it was a blue petunia, but the leaves aren't quite right for it....a hybrid type maybe? sorry, not sure.
On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 13:09:11 -0500, "Manelli Family"

Might be a ruellia, sometimes known as Mexican petunia.
Charles wrote:

So maybe I was on track with the petunia thought......
try these sites for comparison:
http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/ruellia.html
http://cals.arizona.edu/pima/gardening/aridplants/Ruellia_brittoniana.html

I agree with ruellia Emilie.
It looks like what I have and we call it Purple Showers. http://www.rareflora.com/ruelliabritpurfount.htm

Looks more like vinca major. It has escaped from some garden or ground cover.
gl in hemlock hollow

I don't recognise the plant (not quite a Petunia captures the essence), but it's not Vinca major. Vinca major has a more deeply divided corolla, and less elongated, glossy, leaves.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks everyone, I passed the information on to him.