true blue mystery flower..

someone here always knows the answer....

...today i visited a garden located in the Pacific North West, Canada....i saw a flower new to me and am trying to identify it..it is a real *true* rich blue - like a gentian....the shape of the flower is somewhat like a single snapdragon, but with a longer more taperd shape and is about an inch or so long..there are several spaced individually along the upper stem, not in a cluster..the plant is about 18 inches tall

.the stem is square and green not woody.....the leaves remind me of mint and are aromatic ...dont know if it is annual or perrenial...

anyone have any ideas?...i have exhausted my resources

thanks!

murphy, mystefied....:)

Reply to
murphy

Sounds like young Salvia guaranitica, or Salvia patens, grown as an annual in the Pacific Northwest, as a perennial in the southwest.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

I think pagger's got it - does this look like the mystery flower in question?

Salvia guaranitica 'Black and Blue' (the photo subject) is reliably perennial in the PNW with very good drainage.

pam - gardengal.

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

......wow!!....gold star....!!...thats it alright......thanks very much to both of you....what a wealth of knowledge in this group!

murphy, de-mystefied...:))

Reply to
murphy