Thinking about gardening

Page 2 of 2
On 11/14/07 10:47 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

have posted that. Wouldn't want to ruin my nice guy reputation.

at least he thinks you're a female. he thinks i'm a guy ;) lee
On 11/15/07 7:42 AM, in article
wrote:

We know differently!

wanna tell him i do have a saphouse & make maple syrup? he says i *obviously* don't know anything because i don't call the saphouse a "sugar house" or something silly like that. oh! i *finally* ordered a barn! it should be up before the holidays (hopefully before snow so i don't have to lug hay down bale by bale... unless it ices, then i can slide downhill on the bales. i did that when i was 6 months pregnant. wheeeee!) anyhow, we're going to move the boiler up to the barn (one 12 x 12 area will be the brewery/sapboiler area) & get a propane arch. the sap still has to flow downhill, so we'll need to pump it back up from the current saphouse, but still... oh, & i'm pretty sure Perl has menengial worm. hopefully hers won't be fatal. i like her. lee
On 11/15/07 9:30 AM, in article
wrote:

Well, if you share the syrup this year!

if they get the logging finished so i can run sapline! they did get 3 loads out before the rain made it too boggy again, enough to cover the property taxes & they've barely started. if i can't run line we do about 10-20 buckets, but that's not a lot of syrup, especially with at least 10 gallons of sap earmarked for beer... they'll be back to logging as soon as the ground freezes (hopefully it will before February this year)

i'm a bit peeved the vet hasn't called me back yet. there's pretty much nothing you can do once it's symptomatic though. i can just hope she ends up with minor neurological damage, like a dragging foot or blindness :p she's eating well & her mom is being supportive, as in spending lots of time near her. it was really sad when we had DNS put down. his mom spent weeks laying on the grave... she doesn't go near it anymore now though. lee
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 06:25:39 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

Your rep is in tact. On Usenet I give people ten million chances before my cork blows out.
On 11/15/07 12:52 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

I rarely blow up on or off line, and I usually ignore him, but this time.... C
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:08:35 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

My favorite word: Feh.
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

that is so very funny to me and just about what I said to my wife about my truck, it's a work truck, its useful, its not supposed to be pretty.

thinsulate is some good stuff. my wife gave me a pair of really warm gloves to wear while driving tractor doing winter land cut overs. they are leather with thinsulate lining. before that I'd put a jersey cloth glove inside of a leather work glove and before that I'd put 3 pairs of socks over my hands.
On 11/15/07 12:09 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net, "Jim"

And my truck, much battered looking, scares the dent and run jerks at the rinks. Thing needs to keep running another 100K miles, 'cause college is coming soon, and DD thinks she might want to be a goalie and ......

that kept me toasty. DH has several pairs he wears when plowing the drive. C
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

http://www.heatmax.com /
http://www.heatmax.com/HotHands/index.htm
the product known as HotHands-2 is a wonderful thing to have in your pocket while camping in the higher elevations of the NC mountains during the wintertime.
http://www.heatmax.com/HotHands/hothands2.htm
On 11/15/07 11:52 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net, "Jim"

Had some in the "survival box" for scouting, should find them and toss them in the truck...