Sprouting radishes

I can't believe I'm asking such an amateur's question, after all these years <blush>
I left a large planting of radishes in the ground too long. Harvested them; too woody to eat. I was busy, and let them sit around for a few days. Oops --- they have begun to sprout enthusiastically.
Question: Should I replant them? If I do, what will happen? Straight question; I honestly don't know whether to bother replanting, or sow afresh.
TIA
Persephone
com:

if you want to eat radish roots, then sow afresh. however, radish seed pods are not only edible, they're pretty tasty. you can toss them in salad or stir fry them or steam them. lee

Seed pods? I'm talking about a little green stuff sprouting from the radish tops. Is that what you mean? If so, I will salvage the tlittle greenery tops before they use up all the nutrition in the roots.
Pls clarify; thanks.
In article

Got me thinkin about root crops that have edible greens, Turnip greens come to mind as does Sweet potatoes leaves. Anymore out there for folks that like to take a little before the crop is ready ?
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.

Beet tops are excellent, better than spinach... leaf beet is swiss chard. Even though not a root crop mustard greens are good too. Some of the oriental cabbage and lettuce is a blend of mustard or turnip, very nice in salads.

carrot tops make a nice soup. beet greens, of course. pea tendrils. squash blossoms. lee

I wondered this same thing last year and after a bit o' research found that many leaves are edible and I found quite tasty after trying...
Check this out....excellant list and references for edible leaves, this will open your mind about the edible possibilities of many of the crops we grow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_plants_with_edible_leaves
Brocolli and cauliflower leaves, radish leaves, leek tops (steamed, very tasty), amaranth leaves ( great sauteed or steamed, not so great raw), pea shoots and leaves....
Charlie
om:

no, not the leaves. let them flower & then eat the seed pods before they ripen. lee

You posted this last year and I tried them and they are wonderful.
I am going to try the immature seed pods from Mizuna this year.
Charlie