Siberian Crab Apple won't bloom

We have a Columnar Siberan ceab apple, doing very nicely as far as leaves go. The year we planted it, it bloomed, and the next year. But for two oe three years since, there have only een at most 20 blossoms or so. It only gets morning and noon sun, but another one up the street in simiar light snd worse soil bloo ms spectacularly every year. Could it need fertilizing? With what?
Thanks, Sandy in Toronto
Sandy Tipper Wrote:

Maybe hold back with the fertiliser. I just read an article thi morning on crab apples, in which the author (Monty Don - a gardenin writer and presenter in the UK) says you shouldn't enrich the soil tha crabs are planted it. In poorer soil they put their energy int flowering, whereas in rich soil they concentrate on leaf production
-- Ornata
If it gets at least 6 hrs of sun, it should suffice. As far as fertilizer, use something higher in phosphorus than the other 2 ingredients, typically what is sold for flowering plants. If you've been fertilizing your lawn beneath the tree, it's likely getting more nitrogen, which would lead to lots of green growth, but very little for flowering.
Hope this helps! Suzy in Wis., zone 5