rec.gardens group to change a lightbulb!

How many rec.gardens group posters does it take to change a lightbulb?
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in

Oh my. Its scary that one can totally relate to all of that. LOL nice one.
NC In Da House ---------------
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in

Mr. Kan Pa, where can I buy these light bulbs? I am tired of tulips and would like to change them.
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:09:59 +0000, Salty Thumb wrote:

What depth do you plant them? How many light bulbs can you carry in a sack? How heavy will that sack be? Do chipmunks prefer light bulbs or bulbs with more mass? Light bulbs must produce pastel flowers.
<< Subject: Re: rec.gardens group to change a lightbulb! From: MC snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com >> << What depth do you plant them? >> ____Reply Separator_____ Don't you mean........"Watt depth do you plant them?"
HAH! I kill me!     ALF - 1987
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in

arrgh, I am dying. :-)
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:59:23 +0000, Salty Thumb wrote:

The puns are punishing, I know. Enough of them and the light will go out on this thread. I post mine when I'm half lit.
On 24 Feb 2004 23:24:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:
Snipped- Too funny to read twice tonight
ROTFLMMFAO
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Someone has entirely too much free time.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

And, what do you do while waiting for things to sprout?
On 2/24/04 6:24 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m01.aol.com,

Thank you ! Cheryl
posted elswhere...
How many *.* group posters does it take to change a lightbulb?

true? debate. :-)

oh.
psst. you wanna see the other postings of this joke?

on a nearby planet?

lash lash

hmmm...
but has that ever happened for this joke? hmm....

What is your problem? It's a goddam joke! 99 and 44/100 of all the jokes posted in this or any news group was "posted elsewhere"!

none
how tragic that an innocent joke is damned...

I do better.
why are you so wound up, btw?
You left out those who don't read but post anyway. You also abandoned all those who pick apart a post line by line with their editorializing.