Re: Where to buy Adirondack Chairs?

Heather,
I just purchased two Adirondack Chairs from Summerseat. As far as the quality issue goes, Summerseat has a lifetime guarantee, so I would assume they are fine. Hope this helps. Oh, the also feature a new chair each month and they are having a winter sale right now of 50% off an adirondack chair. Cheers!
Russ Ooops! Their website is www.summerseat.com .
Heather Deal wrote:

message seven times to rec.gardens:
reply (1) to:

and reply (2) to:

and reply (3) to:

and reply (4) to:

and reply (5) to:

and reply (6) to:

and reply (7) to:

Russ must also dig people up on election day to vote??? This is a little far fetched. The message could be posted once if it was true and stand on its own. Obviously it isn't and won't. This might be a legitimate company, but he has casted doubt on its character by such tactics.
Stephen,
I now realize my mistake. I forgot to look at the posting date on some of those, so I just figured they wanted some advice right now, and not 9 years ago. Since I type slowly, I just cut and pasted them. In replying, I was simply trying to return the favor, since a few years ago I got some really good help about a car purchase, from a newsgroup. I thought it was time to help and participate instead of being a user. Sorry to all for my mistake and I will try to notice the posting dates in the future.
Russ

I try very hard to buy this kind of stuff locally. I have lived recently in Maryland, Virginia, and Georgia and have been able to ferret out local craftsmen, or at least local stores, for good wooden yard furniture, including Adirondack chairs. And in all cases, they've been cheaper than mail-order or internet.
If you want stuff that isn't off the rack, check out the local crafts fairs. Most of them have furniture makers of one sort or another. These fairs are particularly fun if you have an idea for a piece of furniture that isn't a real common piece. If you can sketch it out a little, you can often find someone to make it on commission at a reasonable price. We have a couple of people at my church who will make furniture or cabinetry on commission surprisingly cheap,as long as you make it a cooperative project -- you need to listen and understand why he makes a suggestion to change your design, and as long as you aren't in too much of a hurry.
billo