Re: Monarch butterfly

It has been two weeks since I bought a butterfly bush and up until now it

>hasn't been visited by anything. For those past two weeks I've been >constantly looking out the window hoping to see something on it but I never >did. But today when I looked out the window, I saw a monarch butterfly on >the bush. I ran to go get my camera and when I turned it on it said low >battery. So I just took pictures really quickly before the battery ran out >or the butterfly flew away. I was able to get these two pictures before the >butterfly flew away >
. They are not >that great but I'm just happy something visited my plant. Now with new >batteries, I'm ready for it when it comes back.

I get "This album has been marked as private." Could you de-privatize it so we can see the pics?

I am now waiting for a black swallowtail 'pillar to cocoon in my kitchen (in a jar). Went out the other day and found my parsley being eaten to bare stubs, so I put the caterpillars into a jar with some more parsley. I did this years ago and produced several pretty butterflies.

Coincidentally, I also saw my first Monarch of the season yesterday flying below an upstairs window. Camera too far away and butterfly too fast. I understand *their* favorite plant is milkweed, and I wouldn't mind growing some for them. After all, I'm not going to compete for milkweed the way I do for parsley (and dill). :-)

Reply to
Frogleg

Sorry about that. I made the album public now. It must be interesting to watch the caterpillars go through their life cycle in the jar.

-Theo

Reply to
Theo

Thank you. That's a nice looking butterfly. Can you take some pictures of yours so we can see. Have fun chowing down on those pretzels.

-Theo

Reply to
Theo

This year, I planted some Tithonias and we now have at least 2 monarch butterflies and other butterflies. Some are beautiful. Other flowers attr= act the other butterflies but the monarch butterflies are definitely attracted mo= re by the Tithonias.

Fran=E7oise.

Theo wrote:

Reply to
Françoise