Re: Monarch butterfly

I get "This album has been marked as private." Could you de-privatize it so we can see the pics?
I am now waiting for a black swallowtail 'pillar to cocoon in my kitchen (in a jar). Went out the other day and found my parsley being eaten to bare stubs, so I put the caterpillars into a jar with some more parsley. I did this years ago and produced several pretty butterflies.
Coincidentally, I also saw my first Monarch of the season yesterday flying below an upstairs window. Camera too far away and butterfly too fast. I understand *their* favorite plant is milkweed, and I wouldn't mind growing some for them. After all, I'm not going to compete for milkweed the way I do for parsley (and dill). :-)
Sorry about that. I made the album public now. It must be interesting to watch the caterpillars go through their life cycle in the jar. -Theo
Thank you. That's a nice looking butterfly. Can you take some pictures of yours so we can see. Have fun chowing down on those pretzels. -Theo
This year, I planted some Tithonias and we now have at least 2 monarch butterflies and other butterflies. Some are beautiful. Other flowers attract the other butterflies but the monarch butterflies are definitely attracted more by the Tithonias.
Franoise.