Question on Tobacco Tea

Sounds like Jerry Baker at work again. Please don't use poisonous tobacco, and yes it can carry the virus easily.

Reply to
Jangchub

Jerry Baker is the most unreliable resource for healthy gardens on the planet. Go from there.

Reply to
Jangchub

You and the Altar Guild will have to take that up with the Supreme Court ;)

Val

Reply to
Val

I'll put that on my list of stuff to do, right after painting my bedroom and installing new window treatments. :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You would be much better off adding beneficial microbes to your leaf surface through AACT or Actively Aerated Compost Tea, than killing everything with your recipe. Plants put out exudates (simple sugars, carbohydrates, etc.) through their roots and also on the surface of the leaves. In a healthy plant, these resources are taken in by beneficial bacteria, fungi, and protozoa, which then occupy the infection sites on the leaf and OUTCOMPETE the pathogens for that space. It's a symbiotic relationship that's constantly occurring at a microscopic level.

Here's a good starting point for learning more:

Tad

Oh, now, Val, I have this vision, you see...................... Our Wreck gardens crew (Joe, Lee, Cheryl, Victoria, me and Janet you can come too- and any other volunteers) Dressed in black coveralls and floppy garden hats, we will storm our individual libraries, locate and smash any JB propaganda with our various garden tools.

Come and join us Emilie aka Carrie Nation who was in the llibrary this evening...................

Reply to
mleblanca

Tell you what......I'll just sit by the phone with my change jar at the ready in case you need to make a "bail call".

Val

Reply to
Val

Actually, I dropped a word with the library staff years ago about Jerry B and he's mostly gone..and lots of organic books arrived. The local master gardeners did the same.

Cheryl Isaak

Giggle, snort - SPEW!

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak