Question on Tobacco Tea

Page 2 of 2
The message

Well I know that commercial tomato growers here, don't permit employees smoking in the glasshouses for that reason. BTW, nicotine insecticides were banned here (UK ) years ago, because they are a health hazard to people by skin contact. (and, to all insects, including beneficial).
UNless you have an uncontrollable outbreak of pests, there's no point applying "clean up" stuff.. Far better, to feed the soil (home made compost, humus, mulches), so plants grow strong and healthy.
Encourage natural predators ( frogs birds and insects etc ) in the garden and they will do all the necessary pest control.
Janet
contains these words:

Yeah...you talk about these natural predators like they're all sweet little creatures, but this bastard attacked me back in September. Went right for my throat, but I frightened it off with a blade of grass.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/ancientangler/Toad_01.jpg
On 1/7/08 4:27 PM, in article SOwgj.1635$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny,

He's so cute!!!!
contains these words:

That's Julius. He's also the local union manager. Mr. Tough Guy. He thinks he's Tony Soprano.

Huh, well that's the last time I offer you a kiss, you ungrateful peasant.
Rich Princess.

Tobacco extract is very poisonous. It will kill a great many insects and other small organisms and you and your pets if you get enough into you. Smokers survive (in the short term anyway) because most of the nicotine and related chemicals are destroyed when the tobacco burns. Eat a few cigarettes and go to hospital.
Plus antiseptic mouth wash! Just in case some microorganisms survive the nicotine.
Your garden relies upon small living organisms don't sterilize it with such a brew.
David

best advice I can give with those ingredients is this, in the following order:
Enjoy the tobacco in some paper with a filter whilst drinking a cup of tea in the morning. Wash the cup in the lemon scented dish washing liquid & set aside to drain. Gargle with mouthwash before you kiss your wife good bye in the morning. Sounds like a far better use for the 'clean up tonic' to me.
rob

Sounds like Jerry Baker at work again. Please don't use poisonous tobacco, and yes it can carry the virus easily.

You would be much better off adding beneficial microbes to your leaf surface through AACT or Actively Aerated Compost Tea, than killing everything with your recipe. Plants put out exudates (simple sugars, carbohydrates, etc.) through their roots and also on the surface of the leaves. In a healthy plant, these resources are taken in by beneficial bacteria, fungi, and protozoa, which then occupy the infection sites on the leaf and OUTCOMPETE the pathogens for that space. It's a symbiotic relationship that's constantly occurring at a microscopic level.
Here's a good starting point for learning more: http://www.soilfoodweb.com/03_about_us/approach.html