Q: What besides plants and mulch do you have in your garden?

Do weeds count?

Reply to
Charles

1969 is back, but who the hell is noticing? Yet alone responding?

Some of us are, and a lot of our young are getting involved.

Take to the streets and get *really* hosed this go around. No media coverage, no help, no nothing... think WTO summits. Standing in the free speech zones wiht no media coverage is an outrage.

what we need and what we are going to get are two different things, BIlly.

*They* beat hell out of us, yet we won, it was a pyrrhic victory.........but *they* learned from the experience.

Too many of *us* joined up with *them* and effing forgot about it.

Sold out, most of our generation did.

Feh CHarlie

Reply to
Charlie

The "Battle in Seattle". "The Rock in Rostock". Some people know what the multinationals have in mind for us. Thank god not all of us are going down easily. If you get a chance throw yourself in the gears or at least, throw you wooden shoes n the gears. We are on our way back to the "Middle Ages" but, with high tech weaponry.

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Bill Rose

Whoa bro.......your trigger finger is fast!

You got it right....it's our nature....the old scorpion and frog thing.

Keep on keepin' on Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

The message from Charles contains these words:

Mine can do multiplication and division.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

But I like the image. Flit to the tea shop, then the garden center to the book store to the needle work store to the....

Then from garden bed to the new book and back to the garden.... Bill - are you a butterfly?

Cheryl Isaak

A big ole negatory on that. Dilettantes do hone skills. Just not very completely, and across a lot of venues. Gigs don't always come in the fun variety, but mileage varies on that. Flitting, also, is a matter of choice.

Reply to
John McWilliams

I think the idea of a generalist dove tails with the dilettante. So a dilettante generalist may happen upon something of interest and devote their lives to it. If we don't dabble we never know yet .......... Best path is yours I hope.

Bricks walkways Slight curve No transgression of evil spirits I read

Last straight line in nature Witnessed In little league.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

dreaming that I am a man.

In this dream, I am bound by the same laws of physics as everyone else. Yesterday one of my cats ate a butterfly. But like the guy who is hanging on to a root, sticking out of the side of a cliff, with lions above him and wolves below him, if I see a strawberry, I hope I grab it and, eat it.

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

If'n it were my fingers, they would be wrapped around a petanque ball and a cool one. None of my fingers were made for triggers.

Billy Rose

Not even the spray trigger of the hose to squirt a passing child? I do it all the time! C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Well . . . I have been known to hose down a biker and his damn straight pipes. They make more noise than a freakin' semi. Thing with getting old is that it affects your judgement. Where once you'd have held your piece suddenly, you're ol' alligator mouth. But kids? You bad woman. Nah, I'm not down with hosing down kids unless it is a very hot day and they agree. I got me one of them motion detection sprinklers to keep the "Hounds from Hell" from romping around in the lettuce patch. I always forget when I turn it on. It's the last thing on my mind when I head for the tools and, wham. Like I say, not bad on a hot day but we be putting together a string of foggy morning and, just, comfortable afternoons.

When the kids come back and TP your garden, you'd best laugh with them because you had it comin';-)

Billy Rose