Q: What besides plants and mulch do you have in your garden?

I love those G Scale Trains and the amazing work which goes into the landscape, etc. One of these days I may get into doing that. This isn't our final house so it won't happen in this garden, but maybe our final house...impermanence permitting.

Reply to
jangchub

No fair. That was 1969. Nobody remembers 1969. You'll have to excuse me. I got old there for awhile but I'm younger now. I'll have to introduce my self.

I'm picking up "A problem from hell" : America and the age of genocide on Tue. from the library. Haven't finished "Omnivore's Dilemma" yet, so I bought a copy. With the library, it is hurry up and wait.

Thanks for both introductions Bill.

- (the other) Bill(y) Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Bill Rose

The message from Jan Flora contains these words:

Will send you and Cheryl the same set when I get them sorted out..Looking up the pics tonight I also found the sleeping dragon and a stone face amid the onions. Can't find a pic of the "japanese temple" on file but will take one tomorrow.

Janet

Janet .

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

How about some corkscrew rush? It's got kinks?

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Not a test just a few fond memories. I sort of remember 1969 but married in 1972 and had five kids . A blur for sure.

Meanwhile I ordered"A problem from hell" an was reminded of Balzac admonition that the only sin there is wanting to know every thing.

Bill a sinner who planted a few moon flowers about this day.

Reply to
William Wagner

On Jun 1, 2:05 pm, FragileWarrior pile. And a few (two, I think) pieces of wonderfully contorted driftwood

Generally here and there are Frogs, toads, lizards (of the 'statue' kind) 1" to 1' The above-- of the Real kind Tables, benches, trellis, walkways of brick, pine needles, bark Some pieces of driftwood Bird feeders and houses

Front of house: arbor, birdbath, bench (turquoise), lava rocks Meditation garden: Angel, St Francis, cherub, Buddha, Kwan Yin all are small, glider type bench Fern garden: rocks, green artglass bottles on a stump with a round mirror in back on the fence, natural rock basin with a water drip for the birds (searched for years for this) Razzle Dazzle garden: sculpture made from a (discarded in the neighbor's trash) bentwood end table on a railroad car wheel base Garden shed: old screen door with sweet peas growing on it. Various 'artifacts' old garden tools, sprinklers, watering cans rusty stuff etc (all artfully arranged of course) Butterfly garden: 2 artificial BFlies, arbor into vegie garden Faerie garden: garden fairies and a lecherous gnome Other: Rock turtle sculpture made from 7 large rocks, total about 36 inches diameter sculpture made from 3 concrete blocks and several naturally round rock spheres Solar clothes drier

All of this sounds like a lot of stuff, and it is; it is arranged so that most of the smaller things are hidden in a natural habitat of foliagerocks, and some 'disappear in summer, and I 'find them" again in winter. Others are placed so that only one is in view at a time.

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

Good sychronicity, mine sprouted today:-) and I hope to sin later.

- Billy (the other Bill) Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Bill Rose

I have a sculpture of a big boxer dog made out of rusty barbed wire. His name is "Freddy Kruger" and after I placed him in the driveway I nearly soiled myself everytime I saw him for the first few days as he scared the living daylights out of me.

Reply to
FarmI

I remember 1969, but don't remember much after that.

The Summer of Love was 1967; fortunately I was too young to fully enjoy the festivities, but I did get to see The Dead and The Airplane play for free in Golden Gate Park. Janis Joplin was living in the Haight and still driving a car with a bad starter. Friends would have to help her push the car so she could bump-start it.

When she finally made some money, the salesman at the Mercedes dealership tried to run her off. He thought she was a deadbeat hippie, until she pulled cash money out of her pocket and raised a rukus for someone to sell her a goddamned car. *smile*

Jan, who didn't always live in Alaska

Reply to
Jan Flora

Hey! I remember 1969 - I was a mere ten year old but I read the paper every day and not just the comics.

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

You could've been president dumbya's advisoralator at that age!

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The message from Jan Flora contains these words:

In June 1969 I married, graduated, and got a job in a butchers shop in our university town. My husband graduated and got a job as garbage collector. His hair was longer than my minidress; I had fabulous legs but was a lousy cook. We rented 3 tiny attic rooms (with no door) and shared the (only) bathroom on the middle floor, with everyone else in the house. The only furniture we owned was a mattress. Our joint income of £17 per week, was twice our living expenses so we were RICH.

Missed it. In the Summer of Love 1967 I was hitch-hiking down Turkey's coast with a Union Jack flag sewn on the arse of my jeans.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

How to put this tactfully? It's because you were reading the papers and not rolling them. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.

I was in the Haight and people were trying to find a way to live that made sense. Meanwhile, over in Berkeley, students were trying to work inside the system. We both got creamed. Guys walking up and down the sidewalks wearing the same suits, the same shoes, same sun glasses and, with the same camera strapped around their necks. What we need now are new Church and Rockefeller sub-committees that put a spotlight on the abuses (CIA assassinations, collaboration with the Mafia, discrediting by illegal means political and civil rights leaders, ad nauseam) and shoved the monster back into the bottle. You don't really have to remember 1969 because "it's baaack".

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Bill Rose

Not me - that was a good thirteen years before I was even thought of....................

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

That took me a minute. Never had any interest in that "culture".

Honestly - I have begun to think that dirty politics started a long time ago

- like the beginning. Just remember that Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus....

Cheryl Isaak

As I call the mother of one of my Brownies

infant

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

And no reason too. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. It's just that I haven't always been as level headed as I am today.

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Bill Rose

Besides, that was two lifetimes ago. Since then, I've been a teacher and, a business man. Right now, I'm honing my skills as a dilettante.

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Bill Rose

That is a flat contradiction in terms. A dilettante does not "hone skills" or do anything but flit carefree from fun gig to fun gig.

Reply to
Persephone

So you have a problem with me being a professional layperson. Or is that lieperson, hmmm?

Oh, you and my brother. When anybody asks when I'm going to retire, he rolls his eyes and says,"From what?" But if you ever get a chance to work in a winery tasting room, take it. Of course you'll have to take the standard vows of poverty but, you get to spend the day with people who are having fun. Life is too short.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that my life has the ability to expand to take up all of the time available. Then there are those times when I work 14 hr.s/day, 6 days/week. It's particularly nice to be free at this time of the year to get the garden in.

Ideally, every day should have its' own name.

Unfortunately "What ever goes up, must come down. But that's not my problem", said Werner von Braun.

Time to barbeque.

a tout a l'heure,

- Billy (my brother Jimmy, always calls me Billy) Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Bill Rose