Protect Holly from Sapsuckers??

The sapsuckers are starting to drill my holly. They've drilled just about every available inch of the nieghbor's holly, which happens to be right next to mine, and now they've crossed the fence. Is there anything I can put on the bark, or around the trunk to repel them?
karen portland, or
Probably hanging out some suet (stuck in a block of hollow-wood) to ward them off from those tree trunks? Or check the tree what attracts the sapsuckets to the holly this time? Dead tree branches and insects could be attracting them.
Sam New Fairfield, CT.

daub some tangle foot on the holly.. just enough to make it sticky. or use bird netting wrapped around the trunk.

Control
To discourage sapsuckers from feeding on a favorite shade tree, wrap hardware cloth or burlap around the area being tapped or smear a sticky repellent material, such as bird tanglefoot, on the bark.
Thanks. I'll give the Tanglefoot a try.