How to strike holly

Hi there, my name is Gen

I have a question that I hoped somebody here could help me with.

I would like to know how to strike holly, can I simply cut branches from

a large tree and put them in soil, water them and wait, or should I use some

sort of rooting powder or liquid, I read somewhere ages ago that they can be bad for you if the get on your skin or something.

I'm not sure and I couldnt find out with google so I thought I'd try here

as I'm a bit of a new gardener, I'd like to make a hedge out of the cuttings.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Reply to
Gen Banks