Propagating agapanthus.

How do I propagate this plant from the leaves? I cannot get any seeds for the variety I want, a broad-leaf variety though there are some plants in the local park. I want to cut off a single leaf and grow it from this. Will I need some specific rooting hormone? Peter
On 10/28/2013 5:31 PM, Peter Jason wrote:

I don't think that will work. Agapanthus is normally propagated by divisions of the bulb-like bases.
The plants are not real expensive. Buy some. DO NOT vandalize a park to get one for free.
On the other hand, observe the maintenance of the park. They might divide the bed, which means they will be discarding excess plants. You might get some free if you ask.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/