Privacy hedge for central Florida.

I need a privacy hedge between the house and the road. It should be suited to the climate and be low maintenance. Any suggestions?
On 25 Nov 2003 14:11:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@excite.com (aliensite) opined:

http://www.floridanativeplants.com/articles/shade_plants1.shtml
I use seagrapes as a front hedge (although it is 6 ft tall!), but it can be pruned shorter. Another good plant for a hedge is podocarpus. That is used a lot in Florida. I live on the west central coast of Florida - soil is pure sand. Also, depending on where you are, think about salt resistant plants.
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure