Potted Tiger Lily - help!

My plants (lilies - intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying slowly and I don't know why. The leaves start to show yellow edges and in a few days they die. The bulbs are intact - I took the plant out of the pot to check if I didn(t water it too much.

That is perfectly normal. They are not evergreen house plants.

True Lilies do not stay evergreen, after flowering the current year growth returns its nourishment to the bulb and goes brown. Cut the stalk at the soil line, and plant it now in your garden if you can still dig . Next spring it may give you just a stalk and leaves, perhaps another round of flowers. Once established in the ground, it will flower on its normal timetable.
If you can't dig and can't plant it in your ground right now, keep it cold but not freezing and make sure to plant it as early as you may possibly dig in the spring. Do not water, your effort now is to keep it dormant as possible.
You've done nothing wrong.
Sue Western Maine
Thank you very much for your help! I feel a lot better now knowing that my flowers are not slowly dying. :)