Possible stupid question re: seeds...

Hi there. I used to post here once in a while a few years ago. It's been quite a while. :-)
Here is my question. I found some seeds in a drawer that I forgot that I had. They are all packaged for 2003. Are they still worth planting? I have very little experience planting seeds, so I thought I'd ask here before I put forth the effort.
TIA!
Hey Cassandra!
Some seeds remain viable for a long time, some don't. What have you got???????
Sue
"Cassandra Cox" <wrote ...

yeah.
What have you

try sprouting a few seeds on paper towel, if you have a lot.

Set aside a square foot of space in a good location, rake the soil a little and sprinkle the seeds. If you get something -- great! Otherwise, let neighbouring plants devour that space. :)
On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 19:41:48 GMT, "Cassandra Cox"

The germination rate of seeds generally drops over time, but most are good for several years and some for decades (or even centuries). The 'packed for X season' isn't an expiration date.