Please identify this plant from an Australian garden.

Hello, can you please take a look at this plant as let me know what it is called.
http://img1.uploadimages.net/49757609041032-02.jpg
For scale, the leaves are just larger than my hand.
Thanks
Imagine that, the leaves are palmate just like your hand!
Now if we only knew how big you hand is and what the full grown plant looks like, especially in flower or fruit, whe might say exactly if that is just another maple tree or something else!!!

On 3 Sep 2004 18:03:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (Cookie Monster) wrote:

Looks like an abutilon. It's a common garden shrub in California, which has a climate not too different from Australia's. A flower would cinch it: abutilons are in the family Malvaceae and have characteristic mallow flowers. There's a nice gallery of abutilons at http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Abutilon/gallery.html
Sometimes called "Chinese bellflower" or "flowering maple" (though it's nothing to do with true maples).
--
Chris Green

Thank you.
I've not actually seen it flower but I will whip out my camera if it does. The leave look the same as the ones in the link you gave me. Thanks again.