Please identify plant? ? ?

Earlier I posted a query about this plant, but now it has grown. Recently I visited William Faulkner's home, Rowan Oak, in Oxford, Miss. I pulled a small plant which was coming out of the side of the stump of a cut-down tree. I was hoping it was an elm tree. I have now gotten it to growing. The first set of growth was a five-leave cluster. The next cluster contained four leaves. But the latest ones contain only three leaves, which leads me to believe I may be growing poison ivy.

Some have said it might be Virginia Creeper. Or is it an elm of some kind?

It can be seen at:

guidance appreciated.

Reply to
Ray

"Ray" expounded:

Now with this new picture I see it is definitely virginia creeper.

Reply to
Ann

I agree and have lots about. Seems to like to grow up our oak trees.

Bill who sees four leaves not shiny.

Reply to
William Wagner

I would take that plant, potting soil and all and tie it up in a plastic bag and throw it in the trash that leaves my property. I have neighbors up the street that lets it grow up trees and I'm constantly pulling up small plants where the wind and birds brought the seeds to my yard - by the hundreds!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

I've got it all over the place. Fortunately it does not take anything over. Maybe the deer eat it like they do my ivy. OP sounds like my wife, No matter how many times I show her poison ivy, she's constantly having me look at a weed like Virginia Creeper ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank