Planting tulips under annuals

I'm a newbie. Can I plant tulip bulbs this fall under and around annuals (ornamental cabbage and kale) so that next spring the tulips will flower where the cabbage/kale is now? Literally, plant the bulbs at the bottom of the cabbage/kale plants (which is about 6" below ground). If not, I envision little 6" round circles where the tulips aren't in an otherwise tulip-laden area.
Thanks.
Yes, you can. I've done this many times.