pee in the pile

Maybe I gave you credit for not being a cretin. I was wrong in that. Until you have specialized in infectious disease, which I have, until you have more than an eighth-grade mentality, which you don't, until you have, in other words, a clue, don't come around with your spew. You're diatribe was meaningless.

AIDS, or specifically HIV, cannot be spread by urinating into a trash pile. That was, and has been, my stance. HIV has specific transmission vectors, urine that is exposed to atmosphere is not one of them.

Go away little creep.

Reply to
no one of importance

For Christ's sakes(tm), we're talking about a person's OWN URINE, not using everyone elses. If YOU are healthy YOUR OWN urine is TOTALLY SAFE TO USE.

Research it for Pete's sakes. No healthy person has ever died from ingesting their own urine. Period. End of story. There is NOTHING in the urine of a healthy person that can harm or kill them. NOTHING.

God damn it some of you are thick as hell.

Reply to
Merl Turkin

Possibly, & it should perhaps be thought of as a "soil ammendment" -- most of which would destroy the value of soils if used in excess.

Urea crystals happen to be a normal component of the majority of commercial composts, so really nothing untoward so far as that goes. However, any spot that gets pissed in a lot will encourage hazardous bacteria which stink to high heaven & can carry pathogens. It is a red herring that fresh urine is usually fairly sterile & harmless; as soon as it hits the compost heap it is no longer safe to drink, & it encourages ugly-ass types of funguses besides potentianally hazardous bacteria.

There is a Humanure Handbook that tells how to recycle human waste into the garden, but neither an open pile nor a sess pool is quite the proper method. The handbook is available free as e-text:

's a chapter on home-made composting toilets. Here's an additional nice little page on composting toilets as "the Rolls Royce of toilets":
lots of info here:
the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

Amazing some of the tangents we get off on here on rec.gardens, isn't it? :)

Urine has been used for hundreds of years in this and other capacities. The key is moderation -- if one urinates on the compost pile several times a day repeatedly for several days then it will destroy the pile eventually. The idea is to help get things rolling in the pile -- just as easily accomplished by sprinkling some bloodmeal over your pile after adding a substantial amount of material.

James

Reply to
JNJ

Yep. we all put manure from antibiotic-loaded farm animals. Nothing happens. We get rodents, who carry deadly viruses, relieving them in the garden. Birds flying overhead and hitting the lettuce. Nothing happens. Then one guy pees in the garden, the anal retentive part of the group is up in arms.

Reply to
simy1

Alas, alack, he probably had a good view from some window & was no longer interested in the older sister because she was pubescent.

Reply to
paghat

"JNJ" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

"The salt and pepper in this salad sure tastes funny."

Reply to
Salty Thumb

are right, it was only 403,000 people infected.
in ice made from the contaminated water and tested using PCR both cattle genotypes and human genotypes were found indicating both sources of feces contaminated the drinking water. Milwaukee got a problem with surface run off and the overflow of sewage into the lake during torrential downpours in spring.

I agree, feces are worse. what is worse is the feces or urine of ones own species. because most disease become adapted by selection to rapidly infect particular species. they become more pathogenic .. this is especially true with viruses.

.. this isnt true.

for a start Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo