Oak recovery

A live oak (Quercus virginiana) I planted about 3 yrs ago, now about 7ft (2m) tall, was not completely uprooted, but slanted to about 45 degrees, by Hurricane Isabel. I've reset and staked the tree. I also gave it some superphosphate and water. What else should I do? We have relatively warm winters (at least until Jan 1 or so). Would it be helpful to give it a little nitrogen, now or later? Or not until spring?
Mike Prager Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a) (Remove symbols from email address to reply.)
Fertilizing a weak or damaged tree is never a good idea, in my opinion. If the soil was fine to begin with (not lacking in NPK), if it were my tree the most I would do now is lay down composted manure, mulch, and let it recover.
Dave

I would not fertilize a stressed tree, or any plant for that matter, but since you already have, and super phosphate is really toxic (IMO IMO IMO) to the soil, I would say to "right" the tree and water it when dry. During the winter months it should recover. Do not fertilize it any more.
opined:

The only thing you did wrong was to fertilize it. You should have waited until it resetablished itself.
Don't fertilize it until spring. It needs to redevelop its roots.
J. Del Col
Sorry, not answering you just seeing if I can reply to te group as I'm not able to post new message, again please accept my apology
(J. Del

Well one problem solved
(J. Del