Oak-Leaf Hydrangeas

My first oak-leaf hydrangea bloomed beautifully this year, and now the deadheads are very unpretty. Should I remove them? The foliage is already putting out new growth -- in 97-degree weather!
Thanks,
N. Taylor
On 17 Jul 2006 14:13:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@myexcel.com wrote:

A native plant, it will thrive in most high heat situations. Definitely remove the dead flowers.
http://www.helpfulgardener.com/hydrangea /
--

Betsy
< snipped-for-privacy@myexcel.com> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@myexcel.com wrote:

In my garden when the flowers turn brown (a bit later than in yours) they hold their shape so well that they're still pretty in autumn & part of winter. I leave them until they get cruddy looking.
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html