Oak-Leaf Hydrangeas

My first oak-leaf hydrangea bloomed beautifully this year, and now the deadheads are very unpretty. Should I remove them? The foliage is already putting out new growth -- in 97-degree weather!

Thanks,

N. Taylor

Reply to
ntaylor

A native plant, it will thrive in most high heat situations. Definitely remove the dead flowers.

Reply to
Jangchub

betsyb

In my garden when the flowers turn brown (a bit later than in yours) they hold their shape so well that they're still pretty in autumn & part of winter. I leave them until they get cruddy looking.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat