Neem Oil Use (insecticide)

Does any one know the ratio to dilute neem oil for use as a
insecticide? I have recently purchased 50ml of pure neem oil and it i a thick yellow solution.
Also, how do I use neem oil? Do I simply mix the 50ml bottle in war water, stir, and apply liberally once to the soil? Or should I appl the neem oil over a period of time such as once a day for a week?
Thanks,
-- Poppy Pete
Poppy Pete Wrote:

I have recently read on another website that 1 tea spoon per US Quar is good for a spray mixture. That is 5ml per 1 pint of water.
I had searched the forums with out success for finding the answer s perhaps this will help
-- Poppy Pete