deer and rabbit repellent

Last summer (2005) I purchased a product on line to repel deer and it was very effective. It was a tightly woven "donut" of some kind of hair-I'm guessing bear hair because it was dark and a bit wirey. The product may have been called "Stay Away", but I can't find it this year. Anyone else know about this product?

Reply to
born in brooklyn

yesterday, someone recommended INVISIBLE FENCE for this.............anyone use it?

Reply to
readandpostrosie

yeah, but it was a real pain to get the electronic collar on the deer and rabbits! :-)

Reply to
Alan Sung

Did you ever hear of a 30-30. Works fast and sure.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

;)

Reply to
readandpostrosie

thanks!

Reply to
readandpostrosie

We had pretty good results with Invisible Fence (the liquid kind). You have to apply it pretty regularly, particularly if it rains a bunch.

Reply to
newsreader

unwashed human hair, most likely. You can get it at barber shops and put it into nylons and put it in the garden.

---The city here put out a list of deer repellents and their effectiveness - (don't ask how they got the effectiveness numbers - I couldn't say.)

unwashed human hair was 20% effective.

putrified egg solids and garlic liquid repellent - 50% effective (this has worked well for me)

the "other liquid" repellent - 50% effective

capsecum and other "natural" repellents - 10% effective

dog over 10 pounds loose in the same enclosure - 100% effective

---the city did not include the electric fence - 100% effective

(note that these fences come in sizes rated for containing small pets to charging wooly bison - the pet type do not kill birds, while the 14,000 volt

300-miles-of-fence wooly-ram-stopping type will kill cats, rabbits, squirrels, and small dogs. I had used the pet-type fence for years - Once a few of the deer in the herd get stung, then - assuming you don't have the only food in town - all that is needed is to put up the white stakes and leave off the wire for that season. They associate the stakes with the shock, apparently and won't go within ten feet of the stakes. Unfortunately, the city has just banned any electric fences, and the once-large flower gardens of the inner-ring suburb of 20,000 are being abandoned because of 30 deer.) >
Reply to
hob