Need reassurance

I lurk here quite often and the advice here seems knowledable...let me ask a few questions, I'm open to anyones suggestions. This past w/e I put a weeping cherry in my yard..it is approx. 7' tall and has a stalk of 1 3/4"..I followed the nurserys planting directions and I'm starting to have concern over the tree.. 1. the leaves are curling inward and the branches are dropping, over all looks are "not well" 2. today I noticed holes in some of the leaves and irregular edges on some leaves..I fear some type of insect? 3. some of the leaves are turning brown I took a couple pics.. www.buffnet.net/~gntry/tree2 www.buffnet.net/~gntry/tree1
Take alook and any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks Colleen (I'm in zone 5, upstate NY)

Looks like a tree that was planted in midsummer, instead of during a cooler season (spring or fall is a much better time for planting most trees -- talk to your extension service to find out which in your area). The leaves are not getting enough water from the roots at present to do well; the tree will probably shed quite a few leaves in the coming weeks in an attempt to balance roots and shoots.
Will it survive? Maybe, maybe not. You can try to stack the deck in its favor by supplying adequate water now on a regular basis (but do not allow the water to pond). I'd be applying at least enough water to keep the grass in the area around the tree actively growing by deeply watering the area regularly. Also add a mulch over all that bare soil... keep a 2-3" band right at the trunk bare, though.
How did you bring the tree home from the nursery? Was it wrapped to prevent wind damage and desiccation?
http://www.cce.cornell.edu/suffolk/grownet/tree-shrub-maintenance/plantree.htm http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/Garden/07417.html http://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/woody/planting /
It was wrapped with a huge garbage bag that blew off twice on the way home...luckily we're only about 4 mi. from the nursery. What is desiccation? It was burlaped and wire caged...we removed all that before putting in the hole..we also have peat moss mixed (50/50) with the dirt...I've been watering every day, it's been very hot here in Buffalo, NY since the 1st of June(85-95 daily). Its guarenteed for a year but I really want to try and make it survive. On the ground covering the dirt is actually compost, thats why its black looking. We also put starter fertilizer on it(per package)..I don't know what else to do. Thanks for all your input C