Any carpet fitters on here, need your expert advice

In the process of choosing underlay for the upstairs of my home, 4 bedrooms, landing and staircase. I think I will be going to Blue Heaven (from the makers of cloud 9). It's like Cloud 9 but without the paper backing as this can sometimes be noisy underfoot.

My quandary is, do I go for 9mm or 11mm? I would like 11mm as this offers greater sound impact reduction and thermal insulation. I have read on other forums that some carpet fitters don't like the 11mm as it is harder to stretch the carpets.

Reply to
Slider

I can't see why.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Grumps writes

Yes, I did, every 12" round the edge of each length, about 1" in to avoid tearing out.

On the other group, less trafficed than here but perhaps better mannered, I generally direct question posters here for the broader knowledge base. Useful to subscribe to both.

Reply to
fred