My raddishes are pithy

My radishes are pithy.
Not enough water?
--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.
When I read your header, for some reason I immediately thought of the walrus' poem from Alice in Wonderland.......

http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/walrus.html The Walrus and the Carpenter Were walking close at hand;
--

- Billy
Steve Daniels wrote:

Too old and/or grown too slow.
David

Radish and turnip grow more tasty in mild seasons, like early spring and late fall here. They become pithy and more hot and turnips more bitter as the weather warms.
Hal Zone 8
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:27:45 -0400, against all advice, something

I guess they'll make good compost.
--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.

Hang on there cowboy. The root may have gone pithy on you but you can still eat the seed pods. I planted my French Breakfast mid-April, and they are starting to get a bit chewy. I also had a volunteer which pushed in mid-March. It is now in it's pod stage, and pod eating is good eats.
If you look at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radish> you will see that it only takes about 3 - 4 weeks for radishes to become mature. You will also find some references to their pithiness. I'm sure other sites will do a greater exposition of radish characteristics.
--

- Billy