mr davidii

Hi, I work in a nursery, and I would like to grow acer palmatum'
(japanese maple). But I do not know that much about them. I hav already succesfully propogated about 20. I had them in 9cm pots for years, and I lost 3 of them. Now I have them in 2 litre pots, and have now lost 9 more. Could it be over watering, or because I had the in the glasshouse? If anyone could help I would be very grateful an more than happy to talk about climbers.
Thank you for reading this and I look forward to hearing from yo
-- mr davidii
It looks as though you're in great britain somewhere. I wouldn't think you would need to keep japanese maples in a greenhouse ever in your climate - since they are hardy to about 10 below zero fahrenheit at least. So that might be part of your problem - is there a reason you're not planting them in the ground in the second year?