Acer Campestre - Proximity to House

Hello all you tree experts out there!

Our developer planted three Acer Campestre close to our house when i was built eight years ago. These are now fifteen feet tall. I a wondering if they are a threat to the house foundations or to a stor drain which runs below.

I am happy to prune the tree to keep its size in check but wonder i anyone has experience or knowledge of the root system. Thanks

-- Linden

Reply to
Linden

While many species of maples can develop a lot of surface roots, the root system as a whole is not aggressive and should pose no threat to foundations or storm drains. How close to the house is close?

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

My policy is never to plant closer to dwelling house foundations tha twice the expected ultimate height of the tree to be planted

-- Plantsman

Reply to
Plantsman