Lichen/verdigris?

Hi!
First post!
We've many well established azeleas in out garden, but some of them are troubled with these deposits on various parts of the branches. It doesn't effect the flowers although some of the leaves get a greyish bloom on them. It can with difficulty be brushed off, but I'm looking for some sort of treatment to get rid of it. These azeleas are with a few yards of a 3000 gallon koi pool so I guess the atmosphere can be a bit damp.
Any advice would be appreciated.
[image:
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2573/p1020375c.jpg]
--
Doghouse Riley

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:43:13 +0100, Doghouse Riley

Looks like lichens to me. I plan to completely remove all of my azaleas this year due to severe winter deer damage. Other than the deer, I have had some problems with lacebug eating azaleas but hese can easily be controlled.