Japanese Willow

I'm thinking of buying a Japanese Willow and was wondering if anybody had any advice on planting area, compost type, soil type etc?
How fast do they grow and do they need regular pruning? I heard a rumour that sometimes their roots can cause problems due to the size of them. How tall do they get?
Are they (UK) winter hardy?
Do they lose their leaves in the autumn?
Thanks for any help.
--
Blairadamwitch

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 21:38:05 +0100, Blairadamwitch

The best thing for you to do is a search on www.google.com for
Salix integra
There are several varieties. Do your own research because this newsgroup has been known to have someone who give the same answer to every tree question, even if it's a shrub.
good luck, v

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.
Jeez, yard man, now you are editing posts so that I say everything. You really need to get back on those psychotropic drugs.

I'm you, remember!? I have yet to see one specific reply about anything remotely related to horticulture, plants or trees. Just the same tired cut and paste. I guess he thinks he's smart putting your name under my post. One never knows what one entertaining things one will do to keep one entertained.