Japanese knotweed pics

I took some neat pics of this weed.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/weed1.jpg
A big piece of property wasted to knotweed.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/weed2.jpg
This neighbor put up a fence.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/weed3.jpg
Even after a mow, this pesky stuff grows back.

Aaiiieeeee, knotweed!!!! Noooooooo.........

Gee you think.
I should have posted pics of my patch. It was about 30 feet long and 10 feet wide and growing. I started getting worried that it was not just some bamboo like plant despite the August blooms. When I found out what it was I thought that I'd just chop it down, but boy does it grow back.
This year I've resorted to poison - heavy doses of roundup. I think I've killed most of it. At least its not growing back with its old resiliency. This stuff takes some stomping on to keep down.
The worst thing is that now that I know what it is, I can see it growing everywhere.
Swyck
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com expounded:

The plant is at its weakest just as it flowers, hit it then, and you'll get most of it. Then it's just a matter of followup on the survivors. This is one plant I'll haul out the big guns (round-up) for.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

That's a shame really because its flowering is its only redeeming feature. It s amazing how many flying insects are crawling over the plants gathering nectar, many that I've never seen before and can't identify. Still its gotta go.
Swyck
Did this stuff overpopulate Japan, or does it have predators there?
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com expounded:

I know, it's actually a member of the buckwheat family, and makes great honey, from what I hear. Too bad it's so nasty.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA