is it true?

is it true that, you sholdn't ''touch'' your plants much? i mean, that you have to leave it, only water at the time and it would grow better then if you are always around it etc. (sorry for my english)
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:44:09 +0100, K. wrote:

It's total nonsense unless you have some sort of chemical(s) on your fingers that could damage them.
hm..yes :)

you
if
Sure Randy Tom cat, like you would know anything about self control.
Aren't you the one with the green stain on your private parts?

you
if
Stop fondling your plants, you perv.
Sorry for MY English, I am an American.

grow
:)

No generalities are always true. Some may be mostly false.
The main killer of plants is over watering. Hence, this is a case of too much love is deadly.
Touching some plants does remove fragile surface hairs that protect leaves from insects, thin wax coatings that protect leaves from desiccation, or break fragile structures.
In general most plants take gentle touching quite well. My wife grows herbs and she runs her fingers down the leave of most her plants so she can enjoy the fragrant oils they give off.