quackery or true

Sugar is a good source of carbohydrates which soil organisms thrive on. When I have a problem with my soil, I've used sugar to top dress the lawn. It's not a bad thing to do, but I wouldn't put the sugar (carbon) with fertilizer (probably way too high in nitrogen) together. It could heat up and destroy soil organisms, or burn roots.

I would say to stay away from his many ridiculous claims. They are not good recommendations for sustaining soils or biota. He is mostly interested in appearance of plants, not much in what's happening in the soil.

IMO of course.

animaux

Disclaimer: I was curious so I read some stuff by Jerry Baker.

Is it true that adding table sugar to fertilizer is good for a plant. He suggested boring a hole in the ground and pouring the mixture into that.

Is he for real?

Reply to
Mogie