Is any one using washing machine water for growing plants?

Page 2 of 2

Lint is part of the discharge so every once in a while you have to pick it up. One thing to remember is washing machines flush out your sewer lines so reconnect it every couple of weeks to flush the lines especially the kitchen line.

My washer is in the basement. Can you discharge the water up to ground level or does everyone who is using washing machine water have their equipment on the first floor?

I use a bio-d laundry detergent without phosphates and water my whole garden with the rinse water from the washing machine.
Jan, in Alaska