Growing plants using LED lighting.

Hello, Has anyone tried growing plants using LED lighting. Has anyone tried out this product:

How much power do you consume, how big is your setup, where did you get your designs from, what plants do you grow under them, can you grow other types of plants using the same LED pattern and wavelengths, how are you powering the whole thing (Solar or battery/mains-supply), how much heat does it generate, how do you get rid of excess moisture. What sort of results do you get with LED-light?? Any better than normal sun-light?

I have the plans for a LED bar (that is the LED layout and what LED's to use) so i'd be glad to share it if anyone else is keen on rigging something up. I don't have the time to sit and solder, but i'd like pointers to reading resources on plant light absorption.

Reply to
Vivek.M