ID plant, please

's about 12" tall, and has these odd 'balls' up and down the top part of it. It's in Montreal, Canada. Sorry for the crummy photo!

Thanks

Reply to
MissGinger

My browser won't support your photo site, so this is a stab in the dark. Both Echinops (globe thistle) and Eryngium species (Sea holly) produce flower heads that resemble balls (and somewhat spikey ones at that). They are relatively common midsummer perennials. Try a Google image search to see if either match your mystery plant.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam

Hi Pam, no, it's neither one. If you can imagine, the stem is somewhat thick, and at the top 4 inches or so, you've got what looks like green peas all around it, with what looks like something that may have bloomed on the tips (it's withered up and black).

Thanks!

Reply to
MissGinger

That really is one crummy photo!!! Did you take the picture from a moving car?

Those "odd balls" are what we lay people call the fruit.

Seeing it in flower would have been much more helpful.

BTW, ZeD sucks!!!!

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

So does your useless reply.

Reply to
MissGinger

thats a pretty bad photo, but it kind of looks like the flowerng stalk of foxglove after the fruits have started to form. Try looking up Digitalis purpurea or Digitalis x mertonensis.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372

Could you possibly post to a more accessible site? I don't respond well to "do you want to download the latest version of XYZ."

Reply to
Frogleg

Watch it fartwad, YOU are the one that posted a shitty link to a shitty website with the shitty picture. Nobody can correctly identify your blurred picture of some nondescript plant in fruit. YOU are the useless one, Shithead.

Both ZeD and YOU suck big time!!!!

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Could be. A large dose of Digitalis is just what Gingersnipe needs!!!!

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Pulp Fiction reference?

Reply to
animaux

.........So I said to Quentin: You know, man, like you can quote me and use the line in your movie......and he said, like, yeah, man, that would really be cool and I just might do that..........far out, dude!!!

Then we went to Mc Donalds for lunch and the rest is history!!!!

I'm the one that ordered the Big Mac meal. You know, in France, they don't call it a "Big Mac", I told Quentin, they call it a "Royale". And he said, what do they call it with cheese?...............

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

NObody can escape this steel trap!

BTW, Pulp Fiction is a DVD we watch at least twice a year. There's a whole list of movies we watch twice a year.

Every see Reservoir Dogs?

Reply to
animaux

I won't see it unless Steve Busemi is in it!!! HeHe.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Oh, he's in it! Why would I suggest anything without him? He is Mr. Pink. He wants to be Mr. Purple, but is relegated to being Mr. Pink.

It's a pretty raucous film. Michael Madsen, Harvey Keitel, and a bunch of other wonderful actors are in it.

Reply to
animaux