Hurricane Hedge Recommendations

I am looking for recommendations on a Hedge.
I have recently acquired a generator for my home in South Florida for backup power after a hurricane. I need to put a hedge around it and it only makes sense to surround it with a hedge that can stand up to a hurricane. I have found many resources that tell you that a hedge offers great protection. But not what plant is better then another. During last years hurricanes I lost a hedge, while others faired just fine. So I have to assume that not all are created equal and would like to know what is 'best'
I can't find a resource on hedges and wind tolerance/resistance. If anyone knows of such a published resource, I'd be very grateful if you could forward me that information.
Otherwise anyone's recommendations, or better yet past experiences would be very helpful!
Sincerely, Vince

I'd consider yielding to nature. Deflect or place your generator underground or at least party so. I'd also consider some sort of neighbor sharing of power/water/ and nothing wrong with a hand pump and a well.
Hope you never need to use it. Plants and 120 MPH winds just is unknown to me unless the profile is low or close to the ground.
Bill
PS Best laid plans sort of rings a bell.
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
I was in a wind over 200 mph and our 4 foot hedge was just fine and it got the blunt of the storm. When you first plant a new hedge, it just won't take the wind. After a couple of years and then trimmed down to about 4 feet, you'll have what you want. Ask your local nursery and tell them what you want and I'm sure they can help you because they live in the area and know what your talking about.