How/when do I collect Wallflower seeds?

Wallflowers set their seeds the same way do: in little tubes that line the spent flower stalk.
When is a good time to collect the seeds? Can I cut the stalks now and hang them to dry or do they have to come to a certain state of ripeness while still on the living stalk?
I was wondering if I should collect them now before it rains today. (At least I hope it's going to rain today.)

I would wait until flower heads are dried on the plant. I don't understand what it raining today has to do with anything... I assume it will stop raining, the sun will appear, and things will dry. Like other wildflowers wallflower is a plant that reseeds itself. There should be a fairly large window of time for harvesting seeds and not all will ripen at the same moment... take seeds in progression as they dry.

I didn't want the rain to trigger seed pod popping like it does with Impatience sometimes.

Okay, but if they dry in the garden don't they also begin to drop at that point? I wanted to get the seeds to share with some friends and to seed a new bed hence the desire to get them before they pop.
On Jun 18, 10:50?am, FragileWarrior
in

Each plant will have seed pods in various stages of maturity so it doesn't much matter at which point you begin collecting seed. You can pull a few plants and hang them in a dry place inside a brown paper bag, the seeds will ripen that way too and you can shake them into the bag. There will be an awful lot of seeds produced on just one plant so you really don't need too many plants.