How much soil for a 4X4 raised bed?

Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a raised 4X4 bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if I can just go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should just get a truck load.
Thanks!

Sixteen cubic feet of dirt.
Hal wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply! I have four of these beds, so I guess I'll need 64 cubic feet of dirt. Does that equal out to about 2 and 1/2 cubic yards? I think thats how they measure it when I get the truckfull.

That is why they teach math in school.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Let's see...4x4x1 equals 16 cubic feet filled to the 12 inch line. That's 16/27 equals 0.6 cubic yard.
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

Thanks again everyone! I realize now that this was a simple math question, but for some reason I thought it was more complicated. I'll know from now on. ;-)
Evidently your either lazy or never graduated from elementary school.......how much sol for a 4 x 4 x 1 area..............duh........I am amazed some folks can even log onto a computer or function in day to day things in life.