High-frequency sonic device for pest control?

I was wondering if anyone tried those high-frequency sonic plug-in devices to ward off plant-eating pests? I grow plants under fluorescent lights and I'm wondering if these sonic devices would help with mealy bugs, aphids, scale, etc? Are these devices a hoax?

This devices are completely phony. Here's my article on the topic, with citations:
http://www.paghat.com/ultrasonic.html
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:16:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (paghat) wrote:

Thanks paghat. Thanks for a well-written article.