Ultrasonic Pest Control

I am considering using an ultrasonic device to deter rats from my garden. Anybody used them or have any thoughts on them.

Reply to
Fred

I tried it. It doesn't work on mice, don't know about rats.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Useless. If the rodent population around here can thrive in the tube tunnels with no end of electric fields and noise of every frequency they are obviously going to be immune to that sort of thing. Of course you may be dealing with timid country rats unused to such devices...

Reply to
DJC

I would have thought that discouraging rats from the garden would only encourage them into the house.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No rats to try it on? It obviously works then...

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

I have one bought from ebay - it works well at keeping cats away from my garden.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

My £15 Ultrasonic one from Robert Dyas works a treat in keeping the cats from cr*pping on my lawn. You see a cat wonder in looking for a place to drop, triggers scarer and whoosh cat departs garden like someones put a rocket up its *rse. Brilliant.

Reply to
Ian_m

We didn't try it on rats. We use the Ratzapper for them. 100% successful. Works on mice too.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You got a link?

Reply to
Tim Morley

I've never tried them myself, however in America, the manufacturers have been ordered to tone down their claims in advertising.

xscope

No link. Got mine in Robert Dyas at Lakeside, but also seen them in Eastleigh. I already had one which I got in 1997 that cost £50, now defunct and know how good they were.

Reply to
Ian_m